I was talking about gift ideas for BSB with my sister (and I have pretty much banned him from the blog this month), and she suggested some sort of cooking class. It was a great suggestion because he loves to cook, and he loves to learn new things. He would be thrilled to not have a day job and just to get to learn all kinds of skills, mostly making or building things with his hands. And he’s good at all that stuff, so he learns quickly. Anyway, I had been looking around a bit at cooking classes, when my friend Stephanie, also known as Chef Tess Bakeresse sent me a message wanting to do a giveaway on my blog. She wanting to give away one of her hands-on cooking classes. Perfect!
If you don’t know Chef Tess, you probably haven’t been watching TV in Arizona. She has been featured numerous times on Fox 10 and also on NBC 12′s Valley Dish program. Here is her appearance last Christmas on Fox 10, in which she shares ideas for involving kid’s in making Holiday gifts in the kitchen. She will be on again on the 16th, so watch for her!
The recipes for all of the cookie mixes she talks about in this segment can be found here on her website. So now, you have a gift idea for a loved one, neighbor gift ideas, ways to get the kids involved, and great recipes for that cookie exchange you’ve undoubtedly got coming up (or our virtual one tomorrow!). I know, you’re welcome! :-)
But wait! There’s more! Stephanie wants to share the love and great cooking skills! She is giving away a private cooking lesson in your home with one other person (additional students you would like to come to the class may come, but the standard payment would apply for them). Classes include ingredients and a custom recipe book from Chef Tess! This is a gift valued at up to $150! If you choose to give this as a gift instead of using it yourself, we will send you a gift certificate to slip in a stocking or under the tree for that lucky person!
You get to choose one of the following classes (for more info on the classes Chef Tess offers go here):
- Bold better bread workshop
- Basic soup and sauce making
- Homemade Jam session
- Follow My Insanity on Google Reader, Facebook, or Twitter, and let me know in a separate comment for each (up to three bonus comments possible).
- Follow Chef Tess on her blog and leave a comment that you do.
- Let someone(s) in Arizona know about this giveaway and let me know what you did (i.e. “I sent an e-mail to my sister in AZ about this giveaway. I know she would love to enter!”).
- Tweet and/or update your Facebook status to let your friends know about this giveaway. (up to two bonus entries).