Welcome to the party! Imagine I’m greeting you at the door in a fabulously enviable outfit, with my hair and make-up salon-fresh. The party music is going and the place smells like cake with out a speck of dust in sight. Immediately, your eye is drawn to my amazing decorations and perfectly-styled spread of every delicious and trendy treat! You are impressed by the effort and attention to detail that went into my party, but amazingly feel instantly relaxed and ready to enjoy yourself.
Well that’s what I imagine whenever I throw a party, but the truth is I’m almost always bleary-eyed and make-up-less, setting-up last minute decorations (or usually the cake), and scurrying about like a chicken with my head cut off for quite sometime after my guests have arrived. But since this is a virtual party, lets stick with the first scenario, and I will likewise imagine that you are all the perfect, most gracious guests, because I’m sure in reality, you are! And I’m so thrilled that you have brought your parties to share!
So here’s how it’s going to go down: I’m going to share a little bit of my recent party insanity, then you can link-up all of your parties below. Our fabulous guest judges and I will pick our top 10 finalists, who will all be featured, and then you can come back and vote on your favorites to win our fabulous prizes! Sounds like a party to me!
So for my contribution to the Party Party, may I present…
Silent Night: A Ninja-bread Man Party
Your turn! A quick reminder of the rules. You may link up any parties that meet the following criteria:
- The Party occurred in 2010 (That way, you wouldn’t have linked it up before).
- It was a REAL party (not just a product photoshoot–as much as I love to look at those! I want to see the real parties with real guests and all of the variables that come with them!).
- You (the submitter) played a major role in the planning and execution of the party (others can have helped, but this needs to be your own work and your own blogpost).
- Most any kind of party is fine (birthday, shower, holiday, etc.) If your party was for adults only, just make sure your post about it isn’t, if you know what I mean. (I’ve never had a problem with an entrant in the past, but just to be safe–keep it clean!)
- Your entry will need to display my party party button so I know you’re playing and others can come and play too (you can make it smaller if you really need to)!
- Linky Party will stay open for 1 week! Enter as many parties as you like that meet all of the criteria, and please visit the other participants and let them know you like their parties, as well!
- Originality (Theme or use of theme)
- Creative details
- Appropriateness for guest of honor and other guests (age & interests)
- Fun (what did the guests do at the party?)
- Bonus points for resourcefulness (i.e. party magic w/small budgets)