I’m still pretty proud of the DIY work my mom and I did in here. Those curtains used to be tablecloths and the pleated trim on the bottom was on a bedskirt. We also remade that love seat. However, lately I’ve really been feeling a need to brighten things up a bit. I’m also struggling a bit to blend my older, more classic tastes with the more modern lines I am enjoying lately.
This mirror is a newish Goodwill find. The geometric pattern is more of a reflection (get it?) of my current tastes (maybe with a paint job?). I still like classic/rustic slightly shabby design. But I’m really drawn to cleaner lines, and geometric patterns. I’m also having a love affair with champagne gold and other shimmery metallics lately (as you might be able to tell from my display below the mirror. The armoire isn’t going anywhere–it hides those 7 keyboards I told you about, when they aren’t in use. (See one of them peeking out from below the armoire).
My mantle that I decorate seasonally is also in this room, currently flanked by the chairs my mom reupholstered. (You can also see that I am in the midst of Halloween decorating–Those are spiders hanging from the ceiling, but I haven’t done the mantle yet.)
So what would I do with this room if I had all of that World Market money to spend? I’m not sure, but here is where I would start:
- Loving this sofa! It is that blend of classic and modern I was talking about. The curves and the tufting have a very classic feel, but the lines are very contemporary. I like the light ivory color (at least in theory!)
- I love the open work feel of these tables and they go with my gold fettish.
- This accent table just shimmers. I want more subtle shimmer throughout the room.
- These fun ornate mirrors almost look baroque. But look very modern in the right grouping
- There are lots of pretty rugs at World Market. I enjoy the pattern on this one, and feel like it might tie in some of the colors I am working with.
- Another pretty mirror! You can never have too many, right?
- Light curtains would go a long way toward brightening up the room. These have a nice pattern to them.
- I’m thinking it might be a good idea to mix in some silvers with my golds. I’m a sucker for mercury glass–it’s rustic and reflective nature. How brilliant to use it on a lamp, where the light should accentuate it’s brilliance.
Here are all of the details you need to know about your chance to win your own REAL $10,000 shopping spree in the HGTV Passport to Style Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize package includes: A $10,000 World Market shopping spree and design consultation with an HGTV Designer
- 3 runner up prize winners will each receive a $1,000 World Market gift card!
- The HGTV Sweepstakes runs from September 22, 2012 until October 26, 2012.
- If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
- Enter online at http://worldmarketsweepstakes.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/worldmarket/app_315124871876517
So maybe you make more trips around the kitchen island than any tropical island, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be part of the World Market Explorer Program. This is a customer rewards program where member earn exclusive perks, like coupons, offers, previews, and beyond. Spend $100 on Gourmet Foods and Non-alcoholic beverages and you will receive a $10 reward that you can use to purchasing almost anything in store or online. You can also earn free coffee rewards.
You can find out more about World Market by visiting their website, tweeting with them, or checking them out on Facebook or Google+. They also have a Pinterest board full of beautiful inspiration, as well as an Instagram feed! So all of your favorite Social Media bases are covered. What room would you makeover with $10,000 from World Market?